650V Half-Bridge SOI Driver IC for High Current, High Frequency Applications
Infineon Technologies AG expands its EiceDRIVER portfolio with the 650V half-bridge drivers ( 2ED218x and 2ED210x) based on its silicon on insulator (SOI) technology. The drivers can provide leading negative transient voltage immunity, monolithic integration of a real bootstrap diode, and superior latch-up immunity for MOSFET and IGBT based inverter applications. Their unique features can offer robust and reliable designs at reduced BOM costs.
Features of 2ED218x and 2ED210x ICs
- 2ED218x is the 2.5 A high-current EiceDRIVER family and 2ED210x is the 0.7 A low current family.
- They include variants with shutdown functionality and separate logic and power ground.
- Ultra-fast reverse recovery
- Typical on- resistance of 30Ω
- Negative VS immunity of -100V
- A wide pulse of 300ns provides superior robustness and reliability
- Integrated dead-time with cross conduction logic and independent under-voltage lockout (UVLO)
- The propagation delay of the gate driver family amounts to 200 ns
Note: The Datasheet of 2ED2184S06F Driver IC is attached at the bottom of this page which provides complete technical specifications.
The high output current family, 2ED218x is designed for high-frequency applications like induction cooking, air conditioning compressors, SMPS, and UPS. The low current family 2ED210x is designed for home appliances, power tools, motor control and drives, fans, and pumps.
2ED218x and 2ED210x are pin-to-pin, electrically and functionally, compatible with earlier generation IR(S) 218x and IR(S) 210x devices. They are available in industry-standard-DSO-8 (SOIC8) and DSO-14 (SOIC-14) packages with a 2 kV HBM ESD rating (2ED218x only). Both the 2ED218x and 2ED210x product families can be ordered as production samples and in high volume. For more information about the SOI Drivers, visit the official website of Infineon Technologies.