1200V SiC-Mosfets With Low Power Loss And High Tolerance For Industrial And EV Charging Applications
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation has introduced its N-series 1200V SiC-MOSFET (Silicon Carbide Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) with low power loss and high tolerance to self turn-on. The N-series can reduce the power consumption and miniaturize power supply system requiring high-voltage conversions, such as an electric vehicle (EV) on-board chargers, photovoltaic power systems, and more.
The low switching power loss helps in reducing the size and simplification of the cooling system, it also helps in reducing the size of the peripheral components such as reactor by driving the power semiconductor with a higher carrier frequency hence the cost and the size of the overall power supply system will eventually get reduced.
The lineups are qualified by Automotive Electronics Council's AEC-Q101 standards, hence they can be used in both industrial applications (Photovoltaic systems) and EV on-board chargers.
Features of N-series 1200V SiC-MOSFET
- RDS(ON) Ranges between 22mΩ, 40 mΩ, and 80 mΩ
- Junction field-effect transistor (JFET) doping technology reduces both switching loss and on-resistance
- Provides industry-leading figure of merit (FOM) of 1,450mΩ·nC
- 85% less power consumption in the power system compared to conventional Si-IGBTs.
- By reducing mirror capacitance, self-turn-on tolerance improves by 14 times compared with competitor's products.
- Fast switching operation can be realized and helps reduce switching loss.
More technical information can be found in the press release linked at the bottom of this page.