PAM8904E - Enhanced Piezo Sounder Driver with Automatic Shutdown for Small Sensors and Wearable Devices
Diodes Incorporated has introduced the PAM8904E, the enhanced version of its popular sounder drives for small and portable devices. It has the ability to deliver high performance at a lower voltage in a smaller package. The small size of the piezo and ceramic sounders makes them suitable for small applications such as trackers, alarms, health monitors, security devices, and smart sensors that use an audio interface. The PAM8904E is specifically designed for small applications operating in an extremely low voltage such as portable and wearable devices, such as IoT-enabled trackers, as well as enabling miniature smart sensors that monitor the environment, including security detectors and water, smoke, and CO2 alarms.
Features of PAM8904E
- Supply voltage ranges from 1.5V to 5.5V
- 18VPP output from a 3V Supply or 27VPP from 4.5V supply
- Shutdown current consumption within 1µA
- Integrated boost converter generates up to 13.5V Supply
- Accepts an input signal between 20Hz to 300kHz
- Supports both single-ended and differential output modes
- Integrates a charge-pump boost converter that operates in 1x, 2x, and 3x modes
- No voltage cross output at Shutdown mode
- Automatic standby and wake-up control
Note: More technical details can be found in the PAM8904E Datasheet found at the bottom of this page.
The sounder drives that are available in the market can only drive a load of 15nF at a higher supply voltage but the enhanced options available in PAM8904E can drive the sounder load up to 47nF even at a smaller voltage. The new sounder device is also designed with many protective features such as thermal shutdown, over current protection and short-circuit protection (automatic shutdown and wake function), these features maximize the operational lifetime of the battery-powered devices.
The PAM8904EGPR is available in the W-QFN2020-12 Type A package, which measures 2.00mm × 2.00mm wide × 0.80mm high. Other packaging options include U-QFN3030-12 Type A (PAM8904EJPR) and U-QFN3030-16 (PAM8904EJER). For more information about the PAM8904E, visit the product page on the official website of Diodes Incorporated.